Come out and join us in our annual parade!
After Registering, the following registration form MUST be completed and returned to Sandi at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Parade Registration Form
Participants must be in park by 12:30pm
Judging for Float Awards starts at 1pm
Parade Starts at 2pm
Park entrance opens at 11:45AM
Members can join us for free. Non Members can join us for a $25 fee.
Corporate and Community sponsorships are available for $200 each
Corporate Sponsor or Community Sponsor will be announced at the parade, display a sign that states that the business is a corporate or community sponsor on their entry in the Parade, placement toward the front of the parade, listed on the DVD as a corporate or community sponsor (which is shown on cable TV), and also listed on the banner on the reviewing stand. (signs must be returned to the PBA)
Once registered, you MUST download and complete the following registration form and submit it to Sandi at email@example.com
2023 Parade Registration Form
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF OUR COMMUNITY!
The below information is important and you must notify your participants of this information:
The police department strictly forbids the parking of parade units on Edwin Raynor Boulevard, due to the lack of a shoulder. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!
WE CANNOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT/PARTICIPATION IN THE PARADE FOR LATECOMERS.
PLEASE REMIND YOUR GROUP TO BRING NON PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS AND DONATIONS FOR OUR LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES
* THE FOLLOWING UNITS MUST LINE UP AT TICK NECK PARK
NOTE: THE GATES WILL BE OPEN BY 11:45 AM. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU ARRIVE EARLY TO ENSURE YOUR PLACE IN THE LINE UP AND ALSO TO ENSURE A SMOOTH FLOW AT STEP OFF
MOBILE UNITS: Any motorized unit (i.e. FLOATS, CARS, TRUCKS )- Someone must remain with your unit at all times once it is in lineup position. Please limit the number of vehicles you are having in the parade for example no more than 8 unless you have permission.
- LINE UP TIME - (except walking units & fire depts.) ALL MOBLIE UNITS MUST BE AT TICK NECK PARK NO LATER THAN 12:30 PM. REMEMBER JUDGING IS AT 1:00 SO YOU MUST BE READY.
- FLOATS WILL ENTER THE PARK , STOP TO GET THEIR NUMBER AND MAKE THE RIGHT TO NORTHEAST HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM PARKING LOT. YOU WILL HAVE MORE ROOM TO TURN AROUND.
- ALL OTHER MOBILE UNITS WILL STOP TO GET THEIR NUMBER AND LINE UP IN THE PARK.
Walkers and small children may be brought in no later than ½ hour prior to step off time
BUT PARENTS MUST PARK IN FRONT OF NORTHEAST HS AND WALK TO THE FLOAT
WALKING UNITS: Any unit without a motorized vehicle: (i.e. MARCHING BANDS, EQUESTRIAN, CHEERLEADING etc.)
LINE UP TIME - 12:30PM ALL UNITS MUST BE IN TICK NECK PARK NO LATER THAN 12:30 PM, TO ENSURE YOUR PLACEMENT/PARTICIPATION IN THE PARADE.
YOU MUST PARK IN FRONT OF NORTHEAST HS AND WALK TO THE PARK
THE FOLLOWING UNITS MUST LINE UP ON HUNTER ROAD
(From Tick Neck Park: South on Tick Neck Road to 2nd street on right.)
FIRE DEPARTMENTS: LINE UP TIME - 1:00PM ALL UNITS MUST BE ON HUNTER ROAD NO LATER THAN 1:00PM TO ENSURE YOUR PLACEMENT/PARTICIPATION IN THE PARADE. Your unit will be folded into the parade as it passes Hunter Road. Fire Departments: Please only send out of service vehicles. Leaving the parade to take a call is dangerous because the children don’t understand you are taking a call and think you are a part of the parade.
******Please read the below information and make sure your participants know this. Every year we have an issue with support vehicles entering and parents dropping off children at the entrance of the park. This backs up the traffic onto Ft. Smallwood Road and then we have a traffic issue with the police department.
We will not allow any vehicles in the park or in the NE STADIUM parking lot that are not in the parade. This includes dropping off participants (INCLUDING CHILDREN), dropping off coffee or lunch, or other support vehicles. They must park at Northeast High School (in front of the school) and walk to their respective float. Please get all of the equipment needed on your float or in the vehicle pulling the float before you arrive.
Walkers and small children may be brought in no later than ½ hour prior to step off time BUT PARENTS MUST PARK AT IN FRONT OF NORTHEAST AND WALK THEM TO THE FLOAT
The new route allows mobile units to just keep going when you reach Northeast Middle School and return back to Northeast High School using the back roads and Duvall Highway. PBA is not responsible for getting you back to the park.
Performers. Performers shall keep up with the pace of the parade and the vehicles in the parade. Performers shall not act or perform in any manner that causes a temporary or permanent stopping or slowing of any vehicles in the parade.
Per the Police Department – For Everyone’s Safety – Tell your people !
1. No revving of engines please.
2. No one gets on and off of floats or vehicles once the parade has started. Children not able to walk a steady pace will have to ride from the beginning or please have a stroller or wagon for them.
3. ONLY those WALKING in the parade are permitted to toss candy to the shoulder or grass. Candy is not to be thrown from vehicles (per the police department). There are no exceptions.
4. If a child is driving a motorized vehicle they must have a driver’s license or valid permit.
5. If you look in front of your group and cannot see another group you must pick up the pace. A large gap between units allows vehicles not in the parade to cut through along Mountain Road
6. Absolutely no one can ride on the roof of a vehicle, this includes both children and adults.
7. Please respect the Police Officers at all times without them there is no parade in the future.
We want everyone to have fun but safety is paramount Please make sure your participants are aware of all of the rules.