The Maryland Insurance Administration has advised...
Some Marylanders receiving vaccines at pharmacies are being asked for health insurance information
- Consumers can NOT be charged for the vaccine.
- Pharmacists and other providers are allowed to recoup administrative costs from insurance companies, Medicaid, Medicare
- If the consumer has no insurance, there is a federal fund providers can apply to for reimbursement
- This is the reason pharmacies may ask for insurance information
- Consumer should never pay for vaccines, including copays or small fees
- If consumers are asked to pay at any point, please report to Maryland Insurance Administration
Darryl Hagner (A272- RET)
Analyst - Business Liaison
Anne Arundel County Police Department
8495 Veteran's Highway
Millersville, MD 21108
(410) 222-3298 - Office